Since restoreing the computer it is showing the last updates were done at 4/24/13. Which I would think would be ok since I am not having the problem anymore and the restore point was 4/28. The updates that it wants to install now that I have changed the automatic setting at this point are as follows. 1 important - Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2310138 Definition 1.1149.1788.0 9 Optional - LSI - Network - LSI PCI-SV92EX Soft Modem Microsoft - Other hardware - HID Non- User Input Data Filter KB 911895 Microsoft - Pointing Drawing - Microsoft Hardware USB Wireless Mouse Update for Windows 7 for x64 based Systems KB2574819 Update for Windows 7 for x64 based Systems KB2592687 Update for windows 7 for x64 based Systems KB2709981 Bing Desktop v1/2 I will allow the "1 important" update being as it is form my virus software. If it causes any problems I will post again. Hope this helps
... View more
I wanted to share my findings with everyone. My wife started having this problem early this week. She has a desktop running IE8. My son also uses this computer but he uses Google Chrome. My son found out that she could access her email thru Google Chrome but the program she uses for her dog rescue is not compatable with Chrome. I have a laptop that uses IE10 thru the router and I can access email with no problem. I went to work and tried there. We use Verizon as a provider and the computer uses Vista and could access with no problem I came to this website to get help and wanted to share my findings with everyone. The desktop is using IE8, The Full version of Xfinity. No email client is used. 1) I cleared the browser chache and cookies and temp files. I disabled add ons. Restarted the computer. This did not help. 2) I unistalled Google Chrome and restarted the computer and that did not help. I reinstalled Google Chrome. Restarted the computer. From what I have read this has helped some people. 3) I tried hitting the voicemail button and then the email button and that did not help. From what I have read this was a way that it could be accessed. 4) I tried going to "m.comcast.netm" (I think that was the site) to access emails and could not. the tab just flashed from blue to white and nothing happened 5) I tried what "CREGOR" reccomended on the date 5-10-13 at 8:48 pm and that did not help. Even thought it solved their problem. 6) This morning I got up and tried to restore my computer. I restored it to the date 4/28/13 in which Windows had done 3 updates to the computer after that date. After restoring the computer I am able to access the emails with out any problem. Now I really dont know anything about computers and have to "repair" things myself because I cannot afford to pay someone to "fix" my problems plus by the time I do pay someone I can buy another computer. I have spent a total of about 6 hours to "fix" my computer. Why is it that these "Comcast Techs" cannot figure out this problem that has been going on since Feburary. I personally believe that it has something to do with Windows and Comcast not "jiving" with each other but I dont know to much about this stuff. I will be changing my Windows updates from automatic to aleart me when the changes come in so I can select the ones I want. Hope this helps some people.
... View more