This is not X1 service - last night the cable box (call it 1) was alternating flashing between the power light (white light) and all four colored lights on the face of the cable box. TV was displaying 'No signal". This setup has been in place for almost two years and working earlier in the evening.
Did the following:
1. Checked another box (call it 2) and TV in a different room and service was working
2. Unpluged all cables from box 1 (power, HDMI and cable line) from box) then reconnected wihtout success.
3. Swapped the two boxes between the rooms - box 1 to room 2 and box 2 to room 1
4. box 1 did work in the room 2
5. box 2 in room 1 did not work - flashing power light alternating with four flashing lights and No Signal
6. Waited four hours with no change with box 2 not working but box 1 in the other location works
What might be the cause?
... View more
My two cents - if the software in use can display the incoming phone number (and/or name) the software could be modified to do a validity check on the number to determine a) is it real, b) is it not in formatting compliance, c) trace back , d) and more depending on the analysis performed to identify bad phone calls. This would take time and money which most providers either do not want to spend, do not have resources (person power, money, equipment etc.) As to the limitation of the numbers you can block this too is (or should have been) a parameter setting that is changeable. Again this would involve time and money to modify. The question is where does a business want to spend their profits? Make life better for their consumer or their shareholders.
... View more