Community Forum

xfinitywifi not available for selection while at home

Regular Visitor

xfinitywifi not available for selection while at home

Even though this option is enabled on my account, this ssid is not available for selection at my home for guests to use.

Expert

Re: xfinitywifi not available for selection while at home

First, double-check that it is still enabled;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

It is. This service is only a few days old.
Official Employee

Hi, tbrophy720. Thank you for posting! I can check if there any issues with your hotspot. I received your private message and will reply back in a second.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@tbrophy720 - Thank you for letting me assist you with the WiFi issue. The WiFi hotspot team was able to enable the xfinitywifi on your gateway. Please feel free to reach me at any time. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.