Community Forum

xfinitywifi issues

New Poster

xfinitywifi issues

I am down at the beach and usually connect to xfinitywifi down here without issue. However, this week there has been an issue. I cannot connect to the internet through the strongest xfinitywifi signal. Weaker ones work, but my laptop refuses to use them!
How can i stop it from connecting to that one? I even got an external adapter. I can see the others.. But when i hit connect on them, the stupid thing still connects to the full bar no internet one! I am getting VERY frustrated!!!

New Poster

Re: xfinitywifi issues

Still not a single reply? Wow.

Was using NetSetMan to connect via MAC address. Worked for a day. Now, squat. Over and over it keeps reconnecting to the no internet spot. That one should really be disabled. Im sure im not the only one whose connection is ruined by it. Makes zero sense to broadcast a hotspot WITH NO INTERNET!!!

Expert

Have you tried forgetting that one in the adapter's user interface and then re-associating it with the one that you wish to connect to ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Uh.. Normally cant even select which one of the same name.. This is WAY past any forgetting issue. Even with this program that lets me connect to a MAC address will sometimes keep connecting me to the 'broken' one. Perfect signal! Zero internet!