Community Forum

xfinitywifi access for guests unable to connect.

New Poster

xfinitywifi access for guests unable to connect.

In my home, I have 3 networks being broadcast from the xfinity router.  The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks that I can control with passwords, and the xfinitywifi network which no one can connect to.  

It was my understanding that the xfinitywifi network was for guests to be able to connect to without me having to disclose my wifi passwords for the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.  

No matter what device I've tried, I'm not able to connect to this network (nor is anyone else).  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks.

Expert

Re: xfinitywifi access for guests unable to connect.

How can visitors connect to Xfinity WiFi in my home?

• Visitors who are Xfinity Internet subscribers can simply select the Xfinity WiFi network xfinitywifi on their device and open a web browser to get started. They will be able to sign in with their Xfinity username and password.
  • Non-Comcast subscriber access is limited to complimentary passes or the purchase of WiFi On Demand passes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply. 

"Visitors who are Xfinity Internet subscribers can simply select the Xfinity WiFi network xfinitywifi on their device and open a web browser to get started. They will be able to sign in with their Xfinity username and password."

These suggestions don't work as I'm an xfinity wifi subscriber and I can't connect to the xfinitywifi network.  When trying to connect to that network, the process fails before I can even connect and be presented with an xfinitywifi login dialog.

"Non-Comcast subscriber access is limited to complimentary passes or the purchase of WiFi On Demand passes."

In regards to another point you made, where can I get xfinitywifi complimentary passes?

Highlighted
Expert

http://wifi.xfinity.com/

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you for the reply.  Attached is a jpg of the available networks.  The networks named after rooms are Chromecast networks.  The Joker-2.4 is self explanatory.  The network named 'xfinitywifi' is present with excellent strength and come from my xfinity (arris) router.  I am unable to connect to this network.  It just hangs with no successful connection.  If I had a successful connection I would then be able to enter my Xfinity credentials but I can never connect.  

Obviously, I can connect to the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks without problem.  But I want to be able to let guests use the xfinitywifi network so as not to disclouse the wifi password.Screenshot_20190824-125702_Settings.jpg

New Poster

Screenshot_20190824-125702_Settings.jpg

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

Try calling their Xfinity Wifi Access team at 866 489-0919 about your issue. Good luck !

New Poster