Community Forum

xfinity and PS4 internet games speeds

New Poster

xfinity and PS4 internet games speeds

good day,

does anyone know whats the best method for hooking up my ps4 and getting the best internet gaming speeds?

im directly connected to the router with an ethernet cable. i test the speed before gaming and it tells me 33mps downloads and around 2.5mps uploads but during gaming it is extremly sluggish and slow. i read somewhere its not about the speeds but the NAT settings. doesnt anyone know how i can fix my NAT setting to get best performance?

i'd appreciate any feedback. thanks 

New Poster

Re: xfinity and PS4 internet games speeds

Change your DNS number on your ps4 too. 8.8.8.8 --8.8.4.4   or 75.75.75.75 ---75.75.75.76  changing Dns numbers will inprove gaming. I use Dns number for Ca. and live in VT.   LOL.

Problem Solver

Re: xfinity and PS4 internet games speeds

WEll actually changing DNS Server is not going to change the NAT setting.. To do that you need to put your PS4 in a DMZ.. Also you will need to reserve the PS4 IP or Setup a Static one.. If you choose to manually setup a Static IP for the PS4 make sure you pick an IP Outside the range of the Routers DHCP Start & End IP..

Once you've setup a Static IP on the PS4 log into your Router and look for the DMZ or Static NAT Setting and enable it and put the IP of the PS4 you just setup.. Once you do that you should get your PS4 open to the internet and get better lag free gaming..