Community Forum

xb6 gateway

Regular Contributor

xb6 gateway

Cant change channel on 5g or 2.4 on my gateway anymore, greyed out.

Official Employee

Re: xb6 gateway

Hi minitech, thank you for reaching out here. Do you know if your 'Channel Selection' is set to automatic?  This setting would need to be set to 'Manual' and then you should be able to change the channels on both 5 and 2.4 Ghz network settings. 

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

All settings are greyed out & you cant change now.

Official Employee

Thank you for your reply, are you using the Xfi web portal to manage your network settings?  Here is a little more information about our Xfi web portal, please let me know if this helps.

These setting should be under Network> Advanced Settings> 2.4 and 5 GHz Wifi.  

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-app-and-portal

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Yes but it now tells me that some advanced settings are done aromatically.I think its because im using a xi6 ip box & they have taken away the ability to change some settings, because before i always had the option to change the wifi channels & to set manual or auto channel settings.

Official Employee

What screen are you on when you see the message "Some Advanced Settings are done automatically?  

Regular Contributor

When you log in your gateway via computer under connection,wifi,2.4 or 5g you see this.

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage. To edit your Wi-Fi Network Name & Network password, please download the Xfinity xFi app or visit xfinity.com/myxfi. When you use xfi app under wifi & advanced settings you see this

Can't find a setting?

To help optimize your network, some of your settings are now being managed automatically and won't appear here.

Learn More

Official Employee

Thank you for your reply, I would like to take a look at this further on my side.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Regular Contributor

talked to & they said anybody with the XB6 with one ssid set up ,new firmware has been applied to prevent any changes as i described that will benefit xfi pods &  

wifi coverage

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

i meant talked to Denver

Official Employee

minitech, I'd like to take a look at this further just to be sure. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name?