I have been a Gig subscriber for a decent amount of time. When the service was originally installed I would observe 900+Mbps speeds. I have deployed to Kosovo and since then (about 8 months ago) my wife has told me that the internet has become "Slow". I consistently avg less than 286 Mbps when utilizing both speedtest.xfinity.com and fast.com as well as speedtest.net
1) Motorola MB8600 Modem
2) Linksys EA9500
I have not had a technician out to the site.
I have replaced the Coax cable from wall to modem with 2 different new coax cables.
I have replaced the ethernet from Modem to Router with 2 different new ethernet cables
I have rebooted my Modem as well as attempted a factory reset.
I have connected my home PC directly to the Modem (bypass router) with 2 different ethernet cables
Wether I use the EA9500 or go directly to the PC I get the same slow speeds.
I do not have a cable subscrption. No splitters on the line. It goes from Pole ---> Wall Jack --> Modem.
There is always significant "Uncorrected" errors. Attached are the Upstream and Downstream information and error logs. These are 4 days after a modem reset.
The power levels are good, but you definitely have something going on there with all those FEC errors. I'm guessing you're going to need a tech to get that resolved.
I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread.
Tip: If you need service, sign up for the Service Protection Plan (SPP). It's around $6 a month and you must keep it for at least 60 days after your service call. If you have SPP, you won't incur a service charge. You can sign up when you schedule an appointment.
Hi, xSeox - I can address your slow speed concern if you send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.
Thanks for the info.
The service visit was 3 hours. They tested using all my hardware. Then retested using their own modem. Ran a new line from the pole to my house. replaced the wall plate jack as well. It got worse. 45Mbps - 120Mbps now.
They then told me the issue was with the frequencies that carry gig. That they needed to escalate the ticket to the CMTS guys and they would work on the pole withing 48-72 hours. No ticket number. The tech just left his Name/Cell and said he would follow up with us next week.
Sounds like i may need to call customer service and ask about that ER1 ticket. Thanks again