Community Forum

wifi cuts out exactly every hour

New Poster

wifi cuts out exactly every hour

so i like to play a lot of games right, and it is very annoying but when i lag out and this happens every single hour on the dot (9:45, 10:45, etc). i have changed my dhcp time to one week and it still does it i’ve tried everything yet i still can figure this out Smiley Sad please help!
Expert

Re: wifi cuts out exactly every hour

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

not sure, how do i test that
Expert

Exactly as I stated. Get an ethernet cable and connect your computer directly to your router / gateway device. Don't use the WiFi. This will help to narrow things down to either being a WiFi only problem, or an overall connectivity problem.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

i did that and it doesn’t cut out but i’m quite confused because everything connected cuts out
Expert

For clarity. When you say "everything" do you mean everything that is WiFi.

New Poster

yeah
New Poster

like everything that is connected
Regular Visitor

Did you ever figure this out? Its says answered but there is no answer in the thread. I am having the exact same problem. All of my devices that are connected to wifi disconnect on the hour every hour.

This was going on for months and then left for a week for vacation and came back and it seemed to be solved. 2 weeks passed and now I am back to losing connection on the hour. Any idea how to fix this? I have actually called support 2 times about this and they seemed to either not know or not understand