Community Forum

what is a good upload/download speed for blast pro internet

New Poster

what is a good upload/download speed for blast pro internet

I am trying to determine if I am getting the Blast Pro Internet Speed promised by service.   I have a new Arris Model TG1682G Modem and a fairly new Linkysy Wireless G (24GHz/54Mbps).  I just ran a test of speed to download = 15.76mbps and upload = 7.73mbps.  Are these good speeds for the service?

Expert

Re: what is a good upload/download speed for blast pro internet

Blast Pro is 100/10 or 200/10 (down/up) depending on your region.

1) Test the speed directly connected to the modem via ethernet, not over Wi-Fi

2) Make sure your TG1682G is in bridge mode if you want to use your own router

3) A "G" router is ancient 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I know this is old, but in case someone sees it in a search. You'll never see anything over about 15 megabit on a "G" connection. You'll also get nowhere near "blast! pro" directly wired to your router until it has gigabit ports.

The 54 gigabit speed wireless G offers really is 54 gigabit... However, that includes all of the overhead involved (back and forth, etc.) Download speed is only one part of that.
Expert

FWIW, I was able to get 45 Mbps down with a router using the "G" standard.

Dead thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!