Community Forum

what devices are connected to my wifi?

New Poster

what devices are connected to my wifi?

i want to add someone to my wifi. in trying to find out how to do it, i got distracted: i see 3 devices connected, each with its own ID such as apple123456. how can i figure out exactly what devices they are? are they mine? anyone have any ideas? thanks.

Expert

Re: what devices are connected to my wifi?

You can try a google search with the MAC # of the device, it may give you enough information to ID the device. You can also block those devices from your network temporarily. When you find a device in your home that isn't connecting to the internet, you'll know why 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Problem Solver

@cheboyganite wrote:

i want to add someone to my wifi. in trying to find out how to do it, i got distracted: i see 3 devices connected, each with its own ID such as apple123456. how can i figure out exactly what devices they are? are they mine? anyone have any ideas? thanks.

Hi cheboyganite, Your question, and the resulting response, prompted me to do a Google search "how to determine who is on your wireless network".  The following link might answer some of your questions:  https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/determine-computers-connected-to-wireless-network/ .  I realize it's a lot of reading, but you might find the information you were looking for.  If not that particular article, one of the others listed might help.

Good luck, ciao, bj

Diamond Problem Solver

FWIW,  .@