Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

update modem on us

New Poster

update modem on us

I received both an email from xfinity and a letter in the mail indicating that xfinity would like ro replace my older modem with a new wireless gateway, "on us."  I clicked on the "Update Now" blue oval in the email and got only a large blue screen with a lighter blue circle in the middle with three small horizontally arranged white circles that were sequentially highlighted left to right.  Ten minutes go by  ....  fifteen minutes go by ....  30 minutes go by  ..........  nothing changed and I finally gave up.  Tried again several times with the same result.  I entered the address included in the letter with the same result as with the email.  No order/acceptance screen ever came up. 

The statement in the letter, "We've made it easy to update equipment." is apparently inaccurate.  Why is the site not working for this offer ??  Is it possible to just take my old modem into my local Xfinity store and exchange it for the new one there ??

New Poster

Re: update modem on us

I have been trying to do the same update for over an hour. However, I came upon the "update on us " link while logged into my xfinity account looking for another topic. I am waiting to see if someone responds from Xfinity before I make a phone call. Talking to these people is a chore at best...

Expert

Browse to this link;

http://www.comcast.com/deviceupgrade/?SCRedirect=true

Follow instructions.

Once you place the order, the process can take anywhere from 7-14 business days to be shipped. Within 3 days of the order being processed, you should receive a confirmation email with a tracking code for the shipment. Also, it may take about 24 hours for the team to see the order on their data base.

If you have a question about your order status, contact them at 1-855-242-2876 at least 72 hours after placing your order to allow time for processing.

If that doesnt work, call 1-855-242-2876 or use their "Live Chat" feature;https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx , or go to your local CC service center about this.

You can also contact Comcast Irma;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/5705769

or Comcast Zach;

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/5931719 via a private message to request it.

New Poster

I dislike this whole scenario.

First they notified me they upgraded my speed, for free. Just reboot to enjoy. I finally did.

Then the next bill had an increase. NO! Although the online rep did point out a small note on a past bill of of some increases.

Still, fixed budget said I needed to roll back the speed or quit comcast. The rep came up with a special offer, 71.99 for 2 years.

Ok, I went with that. But then got the notice with clock ticking, to either cancel OR acknowledge and lock into 2 year contract with early termination fees.

Not real happy about that but in 2 years I'll quit or be dead.

THEN... the modem upgrade notice. I ignored the first. My modem/connection works fine for me.

Second notice. Still ignoring.

But I'd also seen somewhere about their upgrading/expanding or something, the wifi hotspot which I think many, if not most, did not realize they rolled out a few years ago. If you have an Xfinity password, where ever you are, just check the available wifi connections. If you see 'xfinity' then log on with your password. They made everyone's modem a hot spot. I do NOT like that, at all.

Strong arm time... 2 or 3 nights ago, that Xfinity modem upgrade notice started showing up in a fat banner in the news feed on my iPad.

NO, NO, NO!!!!

I'll have to test it but I'm thinking I can just turn in the modem, ditch the modem rental fee and connect to the neightbor's free hotspot with my xfinity pword.

24 months x $11 = $264 saved? Just might work.

Comcast/Xfinity... stop with the guerilla tactics.