Community Forum

tv and phone go out for 5-10 mins several times a day

New Poster

tv and phone go out for 5-10 mins several times a day

for the past 2 weeks intermittent loss of phone and internet never a loss of tv. loss is for 2-8 minutes and spontaneously returns.  is it line maintainence?  the app says modem not connected and sends a signal and sometimes it returns but it might be a coincidence

Gold Problem Solver

Re: tv and phone go out for 5-10 mins several times a day

Check to see if Comcast is reporting an outage for your area (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/outages-in-your-area/).

If no outage is reported and you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

If you are using Wifi it's best to switch to an Ethernet cable connection if possible while measuring speed and checking the reliability of your connection to Comcast.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the Internet Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Expert

@mharris561 wrote:

for the past 2 weeks intermittent loss of phone and internet never a loss of tv. loss is for 2-8 minutes and spontaneously returns.  is it line maintainence?  the app says modem not connected and sends a signal and sometimes it returns but it might be a coincidence

Hi @mharris561

See the troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

mharris561-- Are you still experiencing this issue?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!