Community Forum

splitters going bad?

killeyj1976
New Poster

splitters going bad?

I've had the service installed since March 2020.   When it was installed the tech had said that there were some issues with the signal strength coming in from the pole; that it was too strong.   They had corrected the issue (something with a signal booster in their utility box) and things were fine.   

I have two boxes in the house, the main DVR/Cable with the modem/router and then a second box in a bedroom.  The main line comes in and there's a 2 way splitter so I can use the box in the bedroom and in my living room.  At least once a month, my service goes down, I change the splitter, and things work again for another month or so.  

I can't keep replacing splitters at a few bucks apiece and the customer service answer is to send a tech out for everything or to tell me there's no problem.   

Anyone have an idea what's going on? 

killeyj1976
New Poster

Re: splitters going bad?

I should add that there's the splitter where it takes the service to the living room and bedroom, then one in the living room where it splits the line to the cable box and modem/router.   Would this be considered "excessive" splitters causing a service failure? Or would it be something with the incoming service line to that first splitter?