Community Forum

seperate cable modem for telephone and internet.

Frequent Visitor

seperate cable modem for telephone and internet.

I have a triple play and I am wondering can I keep my TM822G for phone and buy a new modem wifi for internet.  If so what do I need to do to set this up. Splitter suggestion I was considering a Asus CM-32. Any potential issues with this setup?

Expert

Re: seperate cable modem for telephone and internet.

You shouldn't have an issue. However, I would stay away from it because it has the flawed Intel Puma chipset. What speed tier are you subscribed to?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I  bought a Netgear CM700 and attempted to have a seperate internet modem and phone modem however Comcast informed me that my level of service only allowed one device to be registered.

I was highly disappointed and will need to return the CM-700 and purchase a new all in one unit.  Anyone attemping to do this please contact Comcast before buying anything to confirm if your level of service can support two devices on the network. It would be nice in the future if Comcast offered a eMTA device only for a low cost to allow triple play customers be able to buy more product offerings.

My new gateway is a Motorola MT7711 from Amazon.

Official Employee

mmuscat01 -- Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for your question. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

New Motorola Gateway is working great. I would really recommend it.  Can Comcast do something to help offset the cost of the new Gateway if a reguar modem would have worked as I was given inaccurate information from my tech..