Community Forum

self-install kit only includes 'coaxial cable' and documents of 'instructions, privacy etc'

New Poster

self-install kit only includes 'coaxial cable' and documents of 'instructions, privacy etc'

I am a new Comcast home internet customer and use my own equipment. Several days ago  I recieved a self-install kit which only includes 'coaxial cable' and documents of 'instructions, privacy etc'. Is it normal? 

Official Employee

Re: self-install kit only includes 'coaxial cable' and documents of 'instructions, privacy etc'

Yes, do you feel there’s something missing?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: self-install kit only includes 'coaxial cable' and documents of 'instructions, privacy etc'

Well they always used to include a long coax, a short coax, (with easy screw on ends) a two way splitter and some cable clips. I found it adequate for spares, even if I didn't need it. Last time I got one it was $10. May have gone up now.

Oh and there was a neat xfinity cable tie.

I did go through a few modems at one stage, with each one they sent a SIK. I took one back to the local office and got refunded the $10 !