Community Forum

reset password for gateway

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

reset password for gateway

I got the new xfi advantage gateway and when I tried to log in it says my password is wrong yet I have it written down and saved to pc I use. how can I change the password so I can get into gateway? It is the tg 934429 and I tried the default password does not work
Expert

Re: reset password for gateway

You can try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch. 

Admin is the default username and password will now work for the default  password.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

so I would have to reset up the ssid?
Expert

Yep. Any custom configuration changes that were made to the settings will have to re-done from scratch.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

i was finally able to get in and changed password
Expert

Good to hear !!