Community Forum

random intermittent connectivity loss

Regular Visitor

random intermittent connectivity loss

I'm not as tech literate as most here on this forum. But clearly my problem is upstream and with physical infrastructure. I've already had a visit from a tech, replaced outdated modem, etc. Still have random loss of wifi connection. The same problem is occurring for a couple of businesses nearby. (I'm in a rural mountain area.) When it's bad for them it's also bad at my house; when it's better at my house it's also better for them. Besides the recent tech visit I had pole to house cable replaced a couple of years ago. Maybe that needs to be done again, but I doubt it. I feel certain the problem is not confined to my house. I just need to find a way to effectively communicate this to Comcast. Maybe this post will find its way to a Comcast employee.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: random intermittent connectivity loss

As a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I will try that and let you know the result. Might take a day or two. Notsure if we have an ethernet cable on hand, but we probaly do. Thank you for the suggestion. That would definitely tell us something.

Expert

Yep. It helps to narrow it down to a WiFi only problem, or a more general connectivity with the Comcast system problem that would affect both.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!