Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

" xfinitywifi " hotspot working on laptop but not other devices

New Poster

" xfinitywifi " hotspot working on laptop but not other devices

Hello, I want to be clear here, I am talking about xfinitywifi , all lower case, hot spot. 

xfinitywifi, only connecting to laptop, not working on phones or any other devices , and I work of out this apartment building where we thought internet would be free, until now I guess. 

This is now day 8 of insanity with this hot spot, I have been using this hot spot or other hot spots in around the area for 15 months, and now all of a sudden, it stopped working.

It is staying connected and actually the best speeds I have ever gotten... on my laptop ..but as far as my phone, and others in the areas phones, its not working at all, this goes for tablets as well. It is connecting after multiple attempts, and only for about 5-10 minutes max, before disconnecting, and than a error message comes up that bounces between authorization failure and network temp disabled ...

not really sure whats going on here, it is an apartment , my home router which is doing just fine about 30 miles southeast of me is great, but can someone please explain to me, why the xfinitywifi hotspot works for my laptop, but not any other device ? I have used these hot spots in many different locations , for years, never once had a problem , it makes no sense. 

I would like to think its just bad connection, to far away, new residents hurting the strength of wifi, new devices added, but I do not udnerstand why one device would work and the others wouldnt when they are all located in the same space ?! using the same connection?! I was thinking with the timing maybe it had something to do with the hurricanes down south? 

So to recap , cuz I know i can drone on during rants . 
xfinitywifi, only connecting to laptop, not working on phones or any other devices , and I work of out this apartment building where we thought internet would be free, until now I guess. 

Domy
New Poster

Re: " xfinitywifi " hotspot working on laptop but not other devices

Same thing is happening to me. Any outcome with this?