Community Forum

"administrator" will not allow computer to run Set Up to connect new Samsung ML-2545 laser printer

New Poster

"administrator" will not allow computer to run Set Up to connect new Samsung ML-2545 laser printer

I insert the 'set up' disc, and when I click on execute to connection with new printer,  window pops  up

saying the "Administrator" will not allow the 'set up' program to run.  It says it is for my 'protection'.

What do I do or who do I contact to allow the set up disc to "run" and connect my new printer?

Problem Solver

Re: "administrator" will not allow computer to run Set Up to connect new Samsung ML-2545

Do you have the option to run the setup program AS administrator?  Are you logged in to the PC as an administrator?  What OS are you running?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

Re: "administrator" will not allow computer to run Set Up to connect new Samsung ML-2545

@syberbear wrote:

I insert the 'set up' disc, and when I click on execute to connection with new printer,  window pops  up

saying the "Administrator" will not allow the 'set up' program to run.  It says it is for my 'protection'.

What do I do or who do I contact to allow the set up disc to "run" and connect my new printer?

Anything here help ?;

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-ml-2545-laser-printer-series/19134776/troubleshooting

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: "administrator" will not allow computer to run Set Up to connect new Samsung ML-2545 laser pr...

Hello @syberbear, thanks for visiting our Forums! I hope the information provided thus far has been helpful. If you could please get back to us with those answers or with any other questions you have related to this, that would be great. Thanks and we look forward to hearing back from you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: "administrator" will not allow computer to run Set Up to connect new Samsung ML-2545 laser pr...

@syberbear, we never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to reach back out if you still need assistance with this printer connection concern. Also please reach out to us for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.