Community Forum

"Access Denied" Loss of Internet

New Poster

"Access Denied" Loss of Internet

I've lost internet connectivity.  Modem shows "Access Denied".  Same signal feeds three TV locations that have no problem.  It appears that Comcast has denied my access.  Comcast automated/online check out says everything is fine on 'their' end.  I'm creating this new message with a phone hotspot.  While I'm waiting for Comcast to respond I think I'll start checking into DirecTV and Dish for internet and TV.  I honestly don't know which direction will win out at this point.

Prob_190512_2045_AccessDenied.pngAccess Denied

Problem Solver

Re: "Access Denied" Loss of Internet

Have you tried calling or visiting a Xfinity/Comcast store to see what is going on with your account?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Gold Problem Solver

@ComPayer88 wrote: ... Modem shows "Access Denied". ...

The upstream power level is too high at 57 dBmV. The modem may not be able to communicate with their network well enough to complete registration.

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using the Internet Support option at https://support.xfinity.com/chat. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it. Loss of Internet service is often due to a poor connection between your equipment and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Expert

"Access Denied" is a generic message that is generated by the modem's firmware when it doesn't have block synch with the system due to a RF signal / connectivity impairment. It is NOT a message sent from Comcast that has anything to do with your account status.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, ComPayer88. I can look into your account. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!