Community Forum

problems with port forwarding working

Frequent Visitor

problems with port forwarding working

My problem started with the new modem I received and they did the afvance security install I got with my package.. This is great software but not for port forwarding. If it senses an IP accessing a piece of equipment that it is not familiar with it will lock you out.. You can go in and mark as allow this IP for 30 days. It will work for one access and bingo your out again.  

Well, I need my security equipment and cameras so you can disable the Advance security and if you are paying $5.99 a month for it..... get rid of it. This is particularly true for third party equipment. Go into XFi and more options and my services and disable advance security and Walla..... working again.

Untill they can fix this and make it where you can be device appointed for this security, They can have it!!!!!!

Official Employee

Re: problems with port forwarding working

Hi, wmennel. Thank you for posting and providing your feedback. It's frustrating that the service doesn't seem to be working well for you and your equipment. Did you try reaching out to support to seek assistance with this issue prior to removing xFi Advanced Security? Sometimes we can create a request which will help gain further exposure of the issue and in turn, help with providing a solution. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes I did and it worked fine for about a week or so then back to the same thing
Official Employee

wmennel, port forwarding should still work despite having Advanced Security. I would like to take a closer look and see if this is an issue that needs to be investigated further.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

wmennel, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope the information I was able to provide in private helped you to find an appropriate work-around, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.