Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

port 80 will not stay open!

Regular Visitor

port 80 will not stay open!

Port 80 will not stay open! Being blocked. When I open port 80 to play my game it will open and stay on the list of open ports. However as soon as I play a game that uses port 80 I will notice lag so I go back to the open port list and suddenly it will disappear from the list and when I try to open it again it will not let me save and say failure check inputs. I've tried everything I dmz I've open other ports they all work except port 80 it's the only one that will not stay open. If I reset the router it will open again and be fine UNTIL I play a game that's uses that port then it will close again. I don't know what to do I am convinced comcast is blocking port 80 I call the assurance hot line for I have been told to call them I've only called them once after a very long time waiting on hold I could tell they barely knew what a port is and advises me to contact a cmcast gateway department or something and I kinda just gave up what in the can I do? Any help is appreciated I tried online chat support but after failing to help me they just tried to sell me father internet please some body help me
Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Re: port 80 will not stay open!

Why on earth would a game want you to use Port 80, let alone keep it open? Port 80 is normally used for HTTP, i.e. web pages and browsing. Anything else that uses it is suspect.  Comcast is probably blocking your Port 80, and for good reason:

https://www.grc.com/port_80.htm

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Expert

Re: port 80 will not stay open!

You can call this dept. to find out if and which ports exactly are being blocked by them;

Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week