Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

none of my ethernet ports are working anymore.

New Poster

none of my ethernet ports are working anymore.

None of the four ethernet ports on my relatively new (few months) modem from xfinity/comcast are working.  I even went and bought a new wireless router thinking that was the problem, but it doesn't work either.  Any ideas?  The router says XB3 on the front.  It's never given me a problem in the past AND the wireless signal that comes from it still works.  I have a Netgear router that I connect by ethernet to give me better wifi coverage.  You can see below what I get when trying to hook the Netgear up...

No Ethernet Cable Is Plugged into the Router Internet Port

Make sure that the cable is securely plugged into both the broadband modem port and the router Internet port.

After you have checked the Ethernet cable, click Try again.

Expert

Re: none of my ethernet ports are working anymore.

Have you first tried powercycling / re-starting the device ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds.

Official Employee

Hi @dubose2. If you need further support with your Comcast Wireless Gateway not working properly, I can help. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

New Poster

I'm having this problem too. A tech just checked all my lines and installed a new cable modem/router today, and the ethernet ports died again! Did you manage to resolve this issue? I guess it could be two bad modems/routers back-to-back, but what are the odds of that!?!? I can restore connectivity with a power cycle, but it is a royal pain to have to do that sevearl times per day.