Community Forum

new sb8200 wont provision

Regular Visitor

new sb8200 wont provision

Please  Help,

I have a new sb8200  and after 5 different tries to customer service no one yet can get it provisioned,  it is currently connected via splitter to my sb6141, the 6141  has been, and is currently  working just fine  for years.

At comcast's requests I have tried factory resets, moving modem to another active jack.  nothing seems to work. I am in the Portland Oregon area 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: new sb8200 wont provision

Is the "Online" indicator light lit steadily ? Do the reps say that they can see the 8200 ? Have you tried to get it activated without the splitter and the 6141 modem being also connected ?

Regular Visitor

Yes I have tried direct to where the sb6141 was,   they can see that the upstream power levels are very high

Diamond Problem Solver

Did they offer to send a tech out ? If not, perhaps you should request one.

Regular Visitor

I have tried, I called 1800 comcast and they say they cannot send a tech with out doing the complete diagnostics all over again for the 6th time   Can you schedule me a tech    Why is this so hard?

Diamond Problem Solver

I'm not a CC employee but I  can try escalating your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Official Employee

Hi @jmarggi

Sorry for the experience you're having. I'd like to review your account, do some troubleshooting if possible, and if not, I can get a tech out for you. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!