Community Forum

netgear nighthawk r8000 what settings did you use to get full gig speed?

Contributor

netgear nighthawk r8000 what settings did you use to get full gig speed?

When i set up the modem to the wifi router i got from comcast nigthhawk r8000 i moslty can get 600 as not sure what settings can i tweak for full gig speed and did you guys also used switch?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: netgear nighthawk r8000 what settings did you use to get full gig speed?

What's the make and model number of the cable modem and what speed do you get with a computer connected directly to it (no router) ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: netgear nighthawk r8000 what settings did you use to get full gig speed?

@patricia2626 wrote:

When i set up the modem to the wifi router i got from comcast nigthhawk r8000 i moslty can get 600 as not sure what settings can i tweak for full gig speed and did you guys also used switch?

Not sure about the R8000, but I had no issues with the R7000P (an earlier version). It was connected on one end to a Netgear GS208 gigabit switch, also no issues there. 

If you have QoS, security software, or any bandwidth monitoring tools such as speedtests running in the router, you can turn those off. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!