Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

modem

New Poster

modem

i am using technicolor 8305 c moden. i need to nreplace it. is a good option the nightawk ac1900 from netgear?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: modem

I have a Nighthawk 7000 which is AC1900 and I think it's great. But it should be noted it is about a three year old model now.

I would buy a newer and higher end version.

FYI the Nighthawk is a router not a modem. You would still need to buy a modem or rent one from Comcast.
New Poster

very helpfull, thanks. any recomendation to upgrade my technicolor 8305c?. I am a comcast suscriber, i am supost to get 200 mbps, but my internet is very slow.

Expert

Do you also have and wish to continue using their phone service ?

New Poster

Yes
Gold Problem Solver

If your internet is slow, you could always have Comcast sent a tech out to investigate. It could easily be a wiring or connection issue.

jabalto wrote:

very helpfull, thanks. any recomendation to upgrade my technicolor 8305c?. I am a comcast suscriber, i am supost to get 200 mbps, but my internet is very slow.

Expert

That router doesn't support phone service. You would need to use a combo cable modem / eMTA with it or put the 8305 in to bridge mode and use a router with it. It will still support the phone service in bridge mode.