Community Forum

low bandwidth and buffering issues for my Vizio tv

New Poster

low bandwidth and buffering issues for my Vizio tv

Every day I have problems with downloads on Amazon, Netflix and You Tube. It begins late morning and continues til late at night. The picture will stall, then it will buffer, then I get the message about low bandwidth. It isn't a problem between midnight and 10am. (Yes, I watch too much tv!) I have contacted Vizio and performed a factory reset on the TV and it did not fix the problem. I recently changed from a separate wifi router to the Xfinity box with built in wifi - Model TC8305C, technicolor. Anybody else have the same problem?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: low bandwidth and buffering issues for my Vizio tv

mltie wrote:
Every day I have problems with downloads on Amazon, Netflix and You Tube. It begins late morning and continues til late at night. The picture will stall, then it will buffer, then I get the message about low bandwidth. It isn't a problem between midnight and 10am. (Yes, I watch too much tv!) I have contacted Vizio and performed a factory reset on the TV and it did not fix the problem. I recently changed from a separate wifi router to the Xfinity box with built in wifi - Model TC8305C, technicolor. Anybody else have the same problem?

It's more than likely a wireless range problem or more likely other wifi "neighbors" are on the same channel you are on....   I purchased a Cisco Range Extender and plugged my BluRay player direcrtly into it with an etherent cable...  testing it from another Windows Server directly below the TV shows I am getting 97mbps on an Extreme 105 plan..... I do not have any buffering or pixelation with this setup.....

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Range shouldn't be the issue. The TV is about 20 feet from the WIFI modem with line of sight. My home is a single family unattached house, but the houses are rather close together. If it is a channel issue, how do I change the channel?
Regular Contributor

From web browser:

10.0.0.1 log in

Connection>Wifi

Click edit next to the 2.4 or 5ghz channel

On Channel selection hit the manual radio button

Change the channel

Your best bet is to download an app that monitors wifi channels and it will tell you what's the strongest channel in your home.

New Poster

What web browser am I going to? Not that comuter literate, pls be more specific with The instructions. Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

Two and a half year old dead / marked "solved" thread now being closed. Please create a new topic of your own here if you wish detailing your issue.