Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

is 25 MB download enough?

Regular Contributor

is 25 MB download enough?

So, I need to have wifi installed for a daughter and roomate for a summer internship.  They both want to stream Netflix, and have their iPhones able to browse Instagram, Snapchat, or whatever.  My online options are 25mb down, 60, 100.  What do you think, is the simple 25 MB plan good enough for 2 college girls?

New Poster

Re: is 25 MB download enough?

Well, the answer is yes and no.

If you actually got the 25 down then yes, there should be enough speed but this is not the case. It can vary a great deal. With cable you are going to get pinched the more people are using their internet in the same area. Last night I tried to stream Youtube and it kept freezing. I went to my computer, ran Speedof.me, the best speed tester out there IMHO, and I was only getting about 4 mb down. I'm paying for 25 down. So, I went to bed.

Expert

Re: is 25 MB download enough?

@SpencerPJ wrote:

So, I need to have wifi installed for a daughter and roomate for a summer internship.  They both want to stream Netflix, and have their iPhones able to browse Instagram, Snapchat, or whatever.  My online options are 25mb down, 60, 100.  What do you think, is the simple 25 MB plan good enough for 2 college girls?

Yep, if they are just looking for basic usage like you described and there are only two of them, 25 Mbps is just fine. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.