Community Forum

internet

New Poster

internet

hello there....im wondering if how much if i were to change my router? the reason why im asking is because alot of my videos from netflix wont stream to my tv.... everytime i  play a video this message would pop up "we're having trouble playing this title right now... please try again or select a diff title...

so... how much if i were to change my router and would my bill every month would still be the same... thank you

Frequent Visitor

Re: internet

This issue might not be due to your router, there is a few things here it could be.

Let's do a little information gathering.

How are you watching Netflix on your TV? Chromecast? Apple TV? Roku? Smart TV apps?

Next what kind of speeds are you getting? From your computer go to the website fast.com, let it run and then tell us what the download speed it states is.

And lastly, what kind of router are you using now? The one from Comcast or your own?

Official Employee

Hello sweet_tea_girl. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with further troubleshooting your Internet / Netflix streaming issue. Are you able to answer any of the questions "WitsEndGuyVA" has asked? With that information, we can help isolate and troubleshoot your issue(s). 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi sweet_tea_girl. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!