Community Forum

iPhones and iPad have lost our in-home WIFI following reboot of Xfinity router/modem

New Poster

iPhones and iPad have lost our in-home WIFI following reboot of Xfinity router/modem

I recently rebooted our Xfinity router/modem as advised by Comcast in order to take advantage of new software upgrades, increased speeds, etc.

All went well EXCEPT for the fact that after the reboot our iPhones and our iPad can no longer "find" our WIFI.

The unusual thing is that following the reboot of the router/modem, our desktop iMac had no problem whatsoever finding our WIFI, the same with our wireless printer. It also easily found our WIFI.

Only our iPhones and our iPad are unable to find the WIFI in our house following a reboot of the Xfinity router/modem.

Any ideas, folks?

Expert

Re: iPhones and iPad have lost our in-home WIFI following reboot of Xfinity router/modem

Have you tried a network reset on the iOS devices? (General | Reset | Reset Network Settings)

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
New Poster

Re: iPhones and iPad have lost our in-home WIFI following reboot of Xfinity router/modem

Well, first, thanks for the reply!  Second, it worked! 👍🏻😁

Expert

Excellent - remember to mark my answer as the solution so others can see it.

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
New Poster

I’m a newbie at this.   This was my first experience.  You were my first responder.  

Please explain how to mark your answer as the solution.  

I will gladly do it as you solved my problem.  

Sorry to bother you. 

Expert

No worries. There’s a line that says “Select this Answer" underneath every post. Pick the correct one and it will be marked as the Solution.