Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

how to edit 2.4 GHz settings

New Poster

how to edit 2.4 GHz settings

I have several devices that use the B rail of the 80211 WiFi signal.  Apparently around the 16th of March Xfinity rolled out a network change that removed the B rail from their gateway routers leaving only the G and N. Now my devices no longer work. I spent considerable time attempting to get into the WiFi settings so I could follow the Fitbit advice on how to restore the B rail and was able to do it. My Fitbit Aria worked great for one day. The next day it would no longer connect to the network as it appears that Xfinity pushed out another "update" to their network. I spent an hour today trying to replicate the way I was able to get into the router to modify the settings again but can't even find where to make the changes. The only access to edit I can find now is to change the Name and the passwords. Many other Fitbit customers have the same problem so it would be nice if Xfinity could put up some suggestions on how to ensure the B rail stays on the 2.4 GHz rail. 

Would appreciate any help the community can provide.

New Poster

Re: how to edit 2.4 GHz settings

Has there been any progress? 
So sad the Xfinity is oblivious to the needs of their customers!

Problem Solver

This thread is a bit old, but I suspect that the issue isnt the "B rail " (whatever that means) but some kind of conflict with the 2.4Ghz band; I'd suggest changing the 2.4 Ghz channel from Auto to either 1,6, or 11.  

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Expert

Which model number Fitbit scale is it. AFAIK, you don't need the 802.11B protocol because it also does the G and the N protocols, And is backwards compatible.

Official Employee

Hi ClueGadget, 

Were you able to get this figured out? 

New Poster

Were you able to figure this out?  Fitbit gave me instructions but they do not match anything on the Xfinity site and Xfinity tells me that all is well and this is a problem with my Fitbit scale.  Smiley Sad