Community Forum

how find out the IP address of my comcast modem/router

New Poster

how find out the IP address of my comcast modem/router

How do I find out the IP address of my comcast-issued cisco modem/wireless router combo?

(If it matters the comcast modem/router is in my basement. I have cat5 wiring to each floor. On the top floor where the wireless from the comcast modem/router doesn't reach I'm trying to plug a belkin wireless router into the wired cat5 outlet, and configure it in such a way as to create just one network. From what I've learned I need to cascade the routers in a LAN to LAN way. And to do that I need to know the IP address of the primary router.)

Thanks,

James 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: how find out the IP address of my comcast modem/router

Usually 10.0.0.1 sometimes 192.168.1.1

but should be on label on router

Look up router here

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-supported-routers-gateways-adapters/

Expert

Why not just use the Belkin router as only a wireless extender / repeater if you need to extend the range of you WiFi signal / network. It should have that selectable feature in its user interface pages.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert
Regular Visitor

thanku