Community Forum

how can I raise my upload speed?

Regular Contributor

how can I raise my upload speed?

I got 12 up right now according to speed test

I'm looking for at least 3 more MBPS of upload speed. I don't need GIG download speed I need at least 15 MBPS of upload speed is their any plan for that and do you plan on raising the upload speed soon?

I have up to 400 MBPS of download speed which is enough for me but I'm not satisfied with my upload speed. the reason I want a lil more upload speed is cause I wanna stream my games to youtube or mixer and the quality isn't that great there's drop outs espically on MP games like call of duty.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: how can I raise my upload speed?

Which speed-tier are you subscribed to exactly ? If it is the Extreme Pro Internet tier the upload speed is 10 Mbps. You get 12 Mbps with their 20% speed over-provisioning.

Look at the speed-tiers here (un-official):  https://www.dslreports.com/faq/15643

You would have to downgrade to some of their slower download speed-tiers to get more upload speed if you don't wish to upgrade to the "Gigabit" tier.

Silver Problem Solver

Depends where you are as to what's available. In my area (Central)  I can get Extreme 150/20 or Extreme 300/25. Don't think thats available in the North East and perhaps not in the far west. Not all areas are equal!

(Ooops! Sorry EG) !

Regular Contributor

yeah I'm on extreme pro. I'm perfectly fine just wondering.

the bill is already sky high as it is.

Diamond Problem Solver

@Paraniod wrote:

(Ooops! Sorry EG) !

There's nothing to be "sorry" about old buddy !! 

Diamond Problem Solver

@Pharrell2 wrote:

the bill is already sky high as it is.

Did you see the comment about downgrading to get more *upload* speed ? And the list ?

Downgrades are typically cheaper than upgrades.

Regular Contributor

I'm on contract
Diamond Problem Solver

Oakie doakie. Wonder why you asked if you were locked in anyway ?
New Poster

I have 400 download internet and over the past week I can’t get over 2 upload.. Something must be wrong. Having a hard time streaming. I usually hit almost 20 upload.
6229C72A-4AF4-4601-ADA8-66582A42606A.png