Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

help me please

New Poster

help me please

Just had my internet service hooked up, Im only able to access IPv6 websites can't connect to IPv4 websites which is most of the internet (search of the internet revealed this is not an uncommon problem with Comcast, but solutions vary). Have a Arris SBG7580 , called Arris they diagnosed it as a problem with my provisioning, as my IP shows up as 0.0.0.0. called Comcast told them to delete my provisioning history and then redo it from scratch..apparently all the Comcast CSR's know how to do is send a reset signal. Asked to speak to someone higher up in technical support who might be able to resolve my problem , they then told me since im able to access google.com then my internet is working just fine..ok sure..I think my problem stems from when the installer came out, he called in the wrong MAC address and I had to show him where to find the right one, now when I logged into my account to check my modem status it shows my modem MAC address as the serial number, this may or may not have anything to do with my probem..Just want to know is there any way I can reach a higher level of technical support so they can at least try and reset my info, because the CSR's are of no use.

I am only reposting this because Ive seen that this is my exact problem as well. However, no one can help me I just hope someone is able to help me the way ComcastElla was able to help Skyangel.

IMG_E3443[1].JPG
Authorized Vendor

Re: help me please

But the CSR agent can delete your modem and re-add it..  When they re-add it make sure they have your correct HFC-MAC (CM-MAC) from the modem..  If the wrong MAC is used these kind of issues can come up..

---------------

New Customers (or switching modems) make sure Comcast has the HFC-MAC (CM-MAC) as your modem MAC..   If they get the CPE-MAC (WAN-MAC) the modem will not work correct and your CPE will only get a IPv6 address..

----------------

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..