Community Forum

gigabit troubles all of a sudden

New Poster

gigabit troubles all of a sudden

Started a gigabit plan a few weeks ago.

When GF and I came home and installed the router, hardlined desktop got 960+ down on the first xfinity speed test.

Getting nowhere close since. We've gone through every possible test and troubleshooting step and can barely break 350 down. There are normally two devices logged in - both hardlined directly into the router and both gig capable.

We've now had a tech out and swapped the router three times.

Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: gigabit troubles all of a sudden

@pittsburgh- wrote:

Started a gigabit plan a few weeks ago.

When GF and I came home and installed the router, hardlined desktop got 960+ down on the first xfinity speed test.

Getting nowhere close since. We've gone through every possible test and troubleshooting step and can barely break 350 down. There are normally two devices logged in - both hardlined directly into the router and both gig capable.

We've now had a tech out and swapped the router three times.

Any ideas?

Here is one:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yup. Dug through these forums pretty well and I went through all the steps in that post. Is it the same one stickied on the top of the forums?

Silver Problem Solver

@pittsburgh- wrote:

Yup. Dug through these forums pretty well and I went through all the steps in that post. Is it the same one stickied on the top of the forums?

Yep.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!