Community Forum

getting redirected to the Xfinity activation page

Regular Visitor

getting redirected to the Xfinity activation page

Help Xfinity.  I am having a lot of problems with getting redirected to the Xfinity activation page.  

Problems started within a day of setting up a new modem, the NETGEAR CM600 (24x8) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.

Problems that occur when attempting to open a URL: 

1. repeated redirects to the “welcome to infinity” sign on page, 2. getting denied due to invalid xfinity certificate “register.be.xfinity.com” (“host name mismatch”).

3. repeated warnings of “This Connection Is Not Private” when opening websites (using Safari 11.0.3 on OS 10.11.6— but also happens in Chrome browser).  

The problem has Not Been Resolved after multiple calls to Comcast customer service day after day.

Can local Comcast Service Center Help? 

Official Employee

Re: getting redirected to the Xfinity activation page

Hi MSR2, are you trying to get connected using your computer or a cell phone/tablet? Have you tried connecting to the internet using another device? Have you tried rebooting your modem? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem after a contract change.

New Poster

Been getting this same issue for last several days. Spoke to comcast agent for 30 min. tonight with no luck. Had a reset signal sent, I reset modem manually (unplug everything, wait for 10 min.) Did that 2x. Then pushed the little button in the back. Same issue: All the green lights are on the box, and every time I log in the Register Xfinity screen pops up. When I fill out all the fields, I the the "Sorry we can't help you" screen.  Now a tech has to come out here to fix. 

Admin1

Hi Zato -- Was the service tech able to help with this issue?

New Poster

I have same problem.  Support knows nothing other than following some stupid script. Happens to me about once a day after switching to my own Arris surfboard TM822R (certified for xfinity).  Support will not listen to my suggestion to search for register.be.xfinity.com activat loop to see what I am talking about. Please someone publish a fix for this.

New Poster

I am having this same problem on 2 different laptops. Doesn't matter what browser I use. It happens a lot when do a search and then click on the hyperlink that should take me to the page I want. Instead of going to the page, it takes me to the activation page.

Silver Problem Solver

@mic12 wrote:

I am having this same problem on 2 different laptops. Doesn't matter what browser I use. It happens a lot when do a search and then click on the hyperlink that should take me to the page I want. Instead of going to the page, it takes me to the activation page.

Do you see anything wrong on My Account?

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

We may have the same problem.  Switched to the Arris TM822R on Monday of this week, and it seems there is a frequent redirection to the Xfinity page for activation.  I have had Xfinity tech support on the phone 3 times now.  They say the modem is registered, activated, enabled, passes diagnostics, and should be working. They say there isn't anything in their system that suggests a new activation would be required.

I can find no reference for FIRMWARE upgrades for this modem, or even a decent GUI / WEB admin guide for configuring it. I have logged into admin portal of the gateway and there is not a whole lot of adjusments supported.