Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

general discussion of the issues we're all having due to outages

Frequent Visitor

general discussion of the issues we're all having due to outages

I would like to see what people are exactly experiencing. maybe we can all learn something by throwing all our issues in here.

I feel my issues all relate to the outage situation on the 29th of june and possibly even before that.

it seems the majority of issues i've been seeing on sites such as the forums here, twitter and a few other sites is the modem is constantly rebooting itself or losing the signal and getting it again.  my uncorrectables and correctables are constantly going up and up until another reboot happens.  The event log has the typical t3 and t4 errors including one i have never seen before which is an error that says 16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 0, 1 or 2.  Sounds pretty bad and sounds like noise on the outside clearly.  Unless the outage did some internal damage to wiring it has to be the boxes out in the street or the cmts or whatever you call it.  All my opinion but I have a little bit of an idea of this stuff.  Before the outages my internet was quite good and I couldn’t complain about it.  A tech had actually come to my place on the 2nd of july and didn't see to do much other than physically check the cabling which i had an idea was already fine.  Now it’s gotten annoyingly bad and I am disappointed in comcast as others clearly are as well. 

I have an SB8200 modem and an asus ac86u router.  It’s some good quality hardware in very good condition.  I’d be surprised if it was my equipment but the fact that so many others are having this issue makes it nonsensical.

The other unfortunate part is if somebody gets an answer to their situation no one else can know what it is.  I would think it’s fine to post what their findings were.  If anyone would like to chip in please feel free. 

New Poster

Re: general discussion of the issues we're all having due to outages

I have also been experiencing constant outages over the last 2 weeks. The apartment manager for the building I live in said lots of people in my building are also experiencing problems. Multiple technicians have come out and found nothing wrong with the wiring in our building. One technician did admit that the problems are lingering issues from the major outage 2 weeks ago. Comcast of course won't confirm this and won't give any details on when they expect to have it fixed

Frequent Visitor

This has to be a Comcast issue. My modem is a CM1000 and router is a Nighthawk AC1900. Had a tech come out and could not find any issue with my wiring. I had chat support send a signal to the modem twice. My modem logs are filled with T3 and T4 errors. 

Frequent Visitor

it'd be nice for them to confirm something but atleast the tech admitted somethings up

Frequent Visitor

thats unfortunate.  you can always try purchasing your own comcast approved modem and go with that.  the arris line modems and netgear modems are normally considered the best ones.  i have an SB8200 and it's great.

Frequent Visitor

For the most part Comcast always had the Motorola SurfBoards (prior to WiFi era), but they did always had Arris modems, they appear very identical (some models at least), and they have generally always had great reliability, obviously in the hardline era before WiFi things were honestly just easier for everyone... now everyone is spoiled, like each member of my family who knocks on my door or texts me when the internet goes out.

I can only explain to my family, and I imagine other families out there go through the same nonsense, just because I know how to connect the devices to the modems does NOT mean I know why they are losing signal, I have no idea why our current modem has god awful WiFi Signal... we honestly get a stronger signal from a neighbor across the street.

The random signal drops are what they are, they are honestly infrequent, me saying once a day is a little a little embelishment on my part, but the WiFi signal hopping from Excellent to Poor is ridiculous. One moment our Smart TV downstairs can be streaming 100% perfectly (Excellent Connection), and then god forbid the wind blows through the house the stream will buffer, I will check the TV, 9 out of 10 times I just reboot the TV (or tablet), and it will go back to "Excellent" and work fine.

Sometimes I do manually reboot the modem, which is annoying but less annoying than my children and wife bothering me every single time their TV "buffers" or loses signal. Rebooting seems to help sometimes too. I am just baffled, I really wish I knew the cause.... and if there were something I could purchase like an Access Point or Wireless Router/Extender to plug into one of the hardlines we ran downstairs to a PC... but I would not know where to begin!

Frequent Visitor

I have had the same problems for months now. After 4-5 tech visits, including 2 Supervisors,  I had pretty much given up. Then I got a call from the Executive Care team and they set up another visit. This one not only fixed the problem to about 95% of good service but also recommended that I try "Powerline adapter 2000 Mbps (2) Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Passthrough + Extra Outlet (PLP2000)". This has really helped me a lot as well. So when I ma having Wi-Fi issues, I just plug in my laptop to the Ethernet port on the Powerline Adapter and I am back online. They also act as Wi-Fi extenders as well which really helps the rest of the house. Usually, I am over 400 MBS download and 20 upload speeds. IM me or reply back and I'll be glad to explain further if you need more detailed help. Trust me. I was at my wits end trying to get this fixed and for 3 weeks straight I have been online almost without fail! Other folks don't realize how frustrating it is until you go without, have your TV freeze over and over, drop Skype work calls, etc.... I am SOOO happy now!

New Poster

Same mines goes out every hour for months. I think we should all come together and boycott Comcast that’ll make them get their act together when they lose money they know we’re serious
Frequent Visitor

Oh man. I really wish we could! I did finally get some help from a very compassionate tech. Plus he thought outside the box and really got me up and running after months of spotty service at best. See my other post on this subject. It may help you. If not. Feel free to reach out to me and I'll explain further. And no. I am NOT affiliated with Comcast in any way!

Expert

@gabecubano14 wrote:

I would like to see what people are exactly experiencing. maybe we can all learn something by throwing all our issues in here.

The problem with this type of discussion is that everyone is not having the same issue but rather are having similar symptoms. When something is not right with the internet we all experience similar issues of slow speeds, dropped connections, etc. However, the root cause of the symptoms vary greatly and can't be addressed with a "me too" type discussion. 

If you are having problems, start your own topic with the information requested and we will help you find the specific cause of your symptoms. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.