Community Forum

eyes

New Poster

eyes

I have lap top W / internet & home phone--need to hook up netgear router to netgear modem for WiFi---netgear instructions do'nt work because I do'nt have a second device & Comcast wo'nt connect them ???

Expert

Re: eyes

You need to be more specific as to what models equipment you have are and what exactly you're trying to do here. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

All you should have to do to get them connected is unplug any ethernet cords going to your modem and power cycle it.  Once it loads back up plug an ethernet cord from the modem into your router and go from there.  You should be able to finish any setup with your laptop from that point. 

Some routers will come with a pre-generated password that is usually located on a label somewhere on the router.  You can always plug another ethernet cord from the router into your laptop and set the wireless up that way if you aren't able to get on the wifi network.  

New Poster

NETGEAR ROUTER SER. # 4Y8581B101FDB------MODEM # 56B18270A08DF-------THANX

Expert

FWIW, they are looking for makes and model numbers, not serial numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ROUTER # R6020-------MODEM # CM500V