Community Forum

docsis 3.1 Motorola MB8600 activation

Contributor

docsis 3.1 Motorola MB8600 activation

I purchased an MB8600 in July 2017 and it worked fine until the end of May 2018. Woke up one morning with no internet service, a comcast tech came out, said bad modem and reinstalled my old sbg6580 docsis 3.0.  After countless reboots and reactivations along with contacting Motorola support I was told although we don't know why, next step is to replace the modem.  We now have the same problem with the second MB8600, comcast can't activate it. Comcast tech just left here after trying to activate , couldn't figure it out. Installed loaner TG1682G which activates and works. Recommendation is to replace the modem again.  Anyone know why comcast can't get the motorola mb8600 to activate?

Contributor

Re: docsis 3.1 Motorola MB8600 activation

After checking the tg1682g specs I know why it activates, it is docsis 3.0. Since the tech could not get my mb8600 to activate I specifically asked him if the unit he wanted to loan was docsis 3.1. I thought it would be interesting to see if their equipment worked properly,  I already own a working 3.0 modem, why would I want another?  Is there a Comcast employee somewhere who will actually take the time  to understand a problem?

Expert

I'm going to try referring your topic to the resident Experts here who can then escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I haven't seen a response, is there something else I need to provide?

Expert

I'll try to refer this to the resident experts here again.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

I've escalated this to the Comcast Official Employees; a response should be forthcoming.

Highlighted
Expert

Thanks 

Contributor

Advanced support called and wanted to fix my problem, three hours eight minutes on the phone before they, the activation group, and someone from docsis 3.1  gave up this time.  I was left with we don't know why but, replace your modem  again or get a tech onsite for the third time to troubleshoot.  I am on my second mb8600 and even ordered a cm1000 which also would not activate, as for the techs I paid for one visit in June and haven't yet received the statement for the visit this month but I am sure there will be another charge.   

Expert

@jw32097

I escalated your issue again. Hang tight, you should get a response soon. 

Official Employee

Hello jw32097, thanks for reaching out and I apologize about the delay! I can further assist you with this modem activation concern. Can you please send me send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I apologize we were unable to get this modem added. Please reach back out if you purchase a new modem and we will attempt with the new one. Enjoy the rest of your week. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.