Community Forum

delete

Frequent Visitor

delete

delete

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Having to reset my Wireless Gateway frequently. How do I call a human?

@jenkinsfamily12 wrote:

Having

Call 1800comcast and ask for Internet.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

What exactly is happening that is making you have to reset your gateway ? We may be able to advise you here.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.   I haven't done anything different recently.  A couple weeks ago I lost the internet connection.  Resetting the gateway device (not sure what the correct term is)  resolved it but then it started happening daily.  I tried the Comcast online troubleshooting.  That ran briefly and then reset the gateway.  After that I had internet connection but lost it shortly after.

I'm convinced it's a problem with the gateway device and would like someone to come to my home and resolve the problem or replace the device.  I pay for maintenance in my bill and assume that covers this.

Thanks again for the reply

Expert

@jenkinsfamily12 wrote:

I'm convinced it's a problem with the gateway device and would like someone to come to my home and resolve the problem or replace the device.  I pay for maintenance in my bill and assume that covers this.

There may not be anything wrong with it. It may be a line / signal / connection quality problem.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

jenkinsfamily12, 

thanks for posting. Are you able to provide your signal level/modem logs here on the forums as EG suggested? If you're seeing intermittent connectivity, it sounds like there may be some attenuation somewhere. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.