Community Forum

dcp3939

Frequent Visitor

dcp3939

So when did Comcast start using the Cisco dcp3939-xb3 gateway? I don't see it listed on their approved equipment list. I had my own equipment, a Netgear cm500v and a Netgear router R6300v2 and they said they were not approved yet they were on the list. I have VOICE and nothing seems to work except THEIR rental equip.
Expert

Re: dcp3939

Hi @jimr1354

The XB3 is not on the approved device list because it is not a retail device. The CM500V is an approved device. Whoever told you differently was misinformed. If you like, an employee here would be happy to help you get it provisioned, or you can call again. 

1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

I know my CM500v is on the list as approved, but the dcp3939-XB3 doesn't show up at all. I just got off the phone with Comcast again. My BLAST tier speed is running at 30 - 40 - 50 something with the 3939 gateway. They just reset it and same speeds. They have installed new wiring from the pole and all through the house. They have been here 26 times for the same problem!!!! Wed they are coming BACK AGAIN. When the tech was here on the 8th and installed the 3939 gateway, the speed was 140- 150- 180. Now its waaaay down. I am paying for BLAST tier and not getting it.
Expert

@jimr1354 wrote:
I know my CM500v is on the list as approved, but the dcp3939-XB3 doesn't show up at all.
The XB3 does not show up on the approved retail device list becuase it is not a retail device. It isn't for sale to the public.
. I am paying for BLAST tier and not getting it.

If you would like help from the community...

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.