Community Forum

dBmv power levels

New Poster

dBmv power levels

Technician has been out and put in splitters and attenuator, said that the line from the pole is too hot. So he put in a maintenance ticket and still not fixed.
Downstream power levels are -17 to +18 snr 38.4
Upstream levels at 29.3 to 30.3 dBmv.
So downstream is way to high and upload is too low.
If I rest the modern it connects, but 10 minutes later it goes back to blinking for the upload connection.
Xfinity doesn't seem to be able or willing to actually fix this issue.
Expert

Re: dBmv power levels

@Askdan74 wrote:

Downstream power levels are -17 to +18 

Is that a typo ? Minus 17 to plus 18 ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @Askdan74

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. We do care and would like to help get down to the bottom of your internet issues. can you post your current signals here? I'll also check the health of the node, and to see if I'm able to locate a ticket for maintenance. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

The question ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.