Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

connecting wireless printer to comcast combination router/modem - how do i do this

New Poster

connecting wireless printer to comcast combination router/modem - how do i do this

We use a combination comcast router/modem.  We have a wireless printer and I am trying to put it in the same network where i get my email, etc so i can print from that network and not have 2 wireless networkds that I have to keep switching back and forth to print.  How do I do this?

Thanks for your help

scarson1

Highlighted
Expert

Re: connecting wireless printer to comcast combination router/modem - how do i do this

You need to explain more on your network configurations & equipment models.  You should not be running two networks.

New Poster

Re: connecting wireless printer to comcast combination router/modem - how do i do this

We have HP Photosmart 7520 e-all in one series printer, we had that connected to a net gear ex6200. It seemed to interfere with our regular wifi network and Comcast said to disconnect it. Since then to print from phone or iPad we have to get out of our home network and get on the printer wireless network- sometimes we get msg that we have to turn on wifi or cellular data to print- but we have to get out of wireless network to go on printer network, I would like to put printer in our home network and not have it have its own network. The Comcast combo modem router is arris tc862.

I am probably making this more confusing than it is
Expert
Moved: