Community Forum

bringing back 2.4ghz / 5ghz options

New Poster

bringing back 2.4ghz / 5ghz options

Hey everyone,

I just finsihed setting up my new TV and Internet at home. I'm a bit confused how the WiFi works, I would appriciate a quick explanation if possible!

After I connected and activated the modem, I had a choice between two networks 2.4ghz and 5ghz. I read about the differences online and choose 5ghz on my iPhone. However, once I was offered to change the default (factory) wireless network name, I now dont have a choice between 2.4 and 5. I've noticed that my iPhone has a poor wifi in the garage, the most remote area from the modem. My question is - how can I have the choice of 2.4 vs 5 again, and is it possible to make my devices switch automaticly between the two?

Thank you! 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: bringing back 2.4ghz / 5ghz options

You can press and hold in the recessed reset button for 30 seconds on the rear of the gateway device and start from scratch.
New Poster

Re: bringing back 2.4ghz / 5ghz options

After you start from scratch you will see to name your wifi scroll down and uncheck box that will separate the two I put the name and add-2.4 then for second name then-5 the 5 is best and faster when up close like for your smart tv, YouTube and videos the 2.4 reaches out further if it doesn't go to your garage then you may need an extender or move the modem to a more open area have fun