Community Forum

blinking blue light on modem

New Poster

blinking blue light on modem

I have a Motorola SB6121 modem & until recently the bottom light on my modem was always blinking orangish color. Now it's blinking blue? Is this okay & what does it mean?

Expert

Re: blinking blue light on modem

See this;

Verifying the LEDs

With the proper setup, the Online LED should be solid green, and the Link LED should either be amber or blue. If this is not the behavior that the SB6121 is displaying, please refer to this table for more information regarding LED behavior.

Off Flashing Solid Green Solid Blue Solid Amber
POWER No power to device N/A Modem is powered up N/A N/A
RECEIVE Receive channel not found

Scanning for a receive (downstream) channel connection. Downstream channel is connected. Downstream channel is connected with bonded channels. N/A
SEND Send channel not found Scanning for a send (upstream) channel connection. Upstream channel is connected. Upstream channel is connected with bonded channels. N/A
ONLINE Internet connection failed Scanning for Network Connection Connected to the Internet N/A N/A
LINK No connection to the modem's Ethernet port detected Transmitting or receiving data on Ethernet port N/A Computer is connected via a 10 mbps or 100 mbps Ethernet port Computer is connected via a Gigabit (1000 mbps) Ethernet port

http://www.1mpages.com/MotorolaSB6121ModemLights.html

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!