Community Forum

battery back up

Regular Visitor

battery back up

new 1gig modem does it come with battery back up for voice support

Silver Problem Solver

Re: battery back up

Found this:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Service-Equipment/XB6-technicolor-gateway-Backup-battery-av...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@gavinbr wrote:

Another option would be to use an  Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). They are better anyway !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @gavinbr

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! Yes, we do offer back u batteries for your modem. The link provided by @RobertWy provides more information about the backup battery and how to receive one. Once you click on this link, at the top of the thread, click on "Go To Best Answer" which was provided by @ComcastBecker. If you need any more assistance, let us know. I hope this helps.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@EG wrote:

@gavinbr wrote:

Another option would be to use an  Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). They are better anyway !

This. I have one for my modem and router. Not only does it protect the voice part, but the internet part as well. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, gavinbr. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.