Community Forum

bad hitreg get prefired all the time (online gaming)

Frequent Visitor

bad hitreg get prefired all the time (online gaming)

the problem is with udp packets coming in late and out of order and the issue is area related can someone with background in this help me

Expert

Re: bad hitreg get prefired all the time (online gaming)

FWIW, that's the nature of the beast with UDP. It's not TCP. There is no guarantee. It's only B.E (Best Effort)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

yea so im supposed to get lucky with the area i live in i mean these issues started happening and i went from very high skill to now im basically only average slightly above average this mello guy explains it more thoroughly here and even provides some solutions i think https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3536&start=40

Expert

Sorry that it is that I could not tell what it is that you want to hear.... It's reality.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

there is a way that comcast can fix this with less / no error correction and no interleaver/encoder

Expert

Yes, this can be argued until the cows come home, but the difference in the protocols still remains to be fact. This is shared cable. As a matter of fact,  all of the internet is a shared medium when it comes down to it. Let's not forget about individual server capacity too. That's why, and thank the Lord TCP was invented. Good luck with it !! Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

this wouldnt even be a thing if comcast reduced the speeds they offered or improved their infrastructure (more fiber lines in the backbone and more controling devices/access points in the area)

Frequent Visitor

so can i get error correction disabled and no interleaver/encoder