amazon fire stick wont connect to amazon

Fire stick won't connect
Problem Solver

Re: amazon fire stick wont connect to amazon

More information please

New Poster

I have the same problem, any suggesstions

I have reccomdations that say to change the channel to 36 but I have no idea what that means.

New Poster

Im having the same issue it says could not contact to amazon.com I tried everything! played with all my network settings no luck!

New Poster

Okay having the same issue, any thoughts. Amazon  swapped out the fire stick for me to make sure it was not a bad stick, Same issue.

Comcast Wireless Router TC8305C.

All other devices connect no issue to the secured wireless.

The stick sees the network, has a strong signal but will not accept the key says can not find the amazon network?

I moved the wireless closer

Tried adding mac addess

Rrebooted all devices no luck on any thing 

any thoughts?

New Poster

Same problem here. Just got my Fire Stick today and cannot connect. Looks like this is a pretty wide spread problem. Perhaps Comcast and Amazon need to talk to each other. 

Official Employee

More information will help us to drill down further, can you'll let me know the make and model of the gateway?

-Chirag

New Poster

I just returned the Fire Stick and got a Roku 3. Didn't work at first though. Had to disable firewall on Xfinity router, then plug Roku directly into router to update Roku software. Then I was able to connect after enabling firewall again. 

Diamond Problem Solver
New Poster

Having similar issue: Fire sticked connected to wireless home network successfully upon initial setup in January 2015.  About 5 weeks back began not connecting, asking for network password. Then yields authentication error. Password has been verified on all other devices connecting to home wifi network. Confirmed signal strength via speedtest.net.  our download was greater than 8Mbps. What made it stop connecting?  We changed nothing, moved nothing.

New Poster

I just had this problem and talked to someone from Comcast. He suggested adjusting the security settings on the router. If your security is any of the "AES" settings, the Fire Stick won't connect. You have to open your browser, go to 10.0.0.1 to access your router. The login is: admin Password is: password.

Go to Connections: wifi. Edit security. You can see the list of security setting types. You just have to change it from AES to the TKIP encryption type. That should solve the problem.

Note, this will change your network settings so you will also have to change the security settings on your other wireless devices for the new encryption type.