Community Forum

adding second ip address to arris SB8200

Regular Visitor

adding second ip address to arris SB8200

I need to add a second IP address for my Arris SB8200 modem and phone support keeps telling me it is not possible similar to the post linked below. Can someone from comcast please assist me? Thanks.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Getting-a-second-IP-address-for-my-SB8200-Modem/td-p...

update 7-28-19: was on the phone with comcasts for two and a half hours mostly just sitting on hold before they ended up hanging up on me and never calling me back. A brand new tech just called me back this morning and asked if my problem had been resolved then proceeded to ask me what my problem is to see if she can help. I opted to hopefully wait for some support from this forum instead of jumping through the supervisor hoops for another 2 hours today. Please help!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: adding second ip address to arris SB8200

Did you check https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/ to see if additional IPs are available on your area? Look for "Additional IP Address" in the "XFINITY INTERNET" section.

Regular Visitor

yes i should have it.

Regular Visitor

Can any comcast employee assist here? Thanks.

Expert

I'm going to escalate this to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards.  You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there, dtuser318695. Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. Sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced when reaching out for support by other means. This type of request is fairly uncommon and isn't something that we offer or support in many areas at all anymore. I would be happy to go ahead and review your account to see if in fact it's an option that might be available to you. There is an extra cost for it, which we can go over after I get your account pulled up. To just confirm, adding a second IP address will add an IP address to that second ethernet port on the back of your device, so you have the ability to hardwire a second device to that other ethernet port that would otherwise be inactive. 

Please send me a private message with your name and I will assist you from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!